Monday, April 7, 2008

im so bored..

hey just dropping by to write since im at home doing nothing..im down with stomach ache and gastric and just went to doctor to get medicine..just took my lunch and just felt i should post up something so ya im gonna post about the essay i was suppose to send for a competition but end up not doing it becuase it was too lame and boring la...

My first essay: Tomorrow’s World
It was chilled Friday night; I went out with a group of new friends that I had made in the last three months or so in school. Due to the nature of these individuals who had an open mindset, a strong bond grew amongst us, an inseparable understanding that made me feel at ease around them. This adventure took a twist into my life when my daddy was offered a promotion, which required him to move to Kuala Lumpur. This offer was also extended to us with a choice to move along with him or decide to stay put in Ipoh. Hearing this news, I almost jumped in excitement with a huge expression of joy mixed an eagerness to finally feel the famed city life that besotted most people around me with college life, hence, independence staring right at my face with the end of secondary school looming around the corner. In short, it was an easy decision to make, an easy yes. My eagerness to start a new leaf of my life as a city girl overshadowed my worries of having to meet new people and make new friends virtually on a day to day basis. Staring at the future, it gave me courage to face all my fears and was all set to make the adjustment that most wish they could go through in life as nothing else mattered now.
This new phase of my life as a city girl started with a new school almost immediately, and the past three months moved in a blink of an eye as everyone around me geared towards the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia or better known as SPM, I was more interested in getting to know as many people as possible. A famous mind once said that the more, the merrier and that was what I was actually trying to achieve, moving into uncharted territory by making new friends and the added pleasures that followed with it such as the famed co-curricular activities and the famed night life of Kuala Lumpur city. My social lifestyle and extra curricular activities didn’t bare much of a problems in my parents mind as I had always been an all rounder from my early days, thus I was given my freedom to fully express my interest in sports and music. Isn’t this a true example of an ideal student? A student that is always looked upon as having a strong virtue in life.
Hanging out with this new bunch of friends, all this started slipping one by one through my fingers like sand. My priorities started shifting from a virtuous life towards rock music, gothic fashion and looks, loitering around during school hours in shopping complex, attending illegal races and many other unhealthy activities. Senior lecturers started keeping a close eye on me and also talked to me at length about the problems that I had gotten into as the sudden change in me had undone all the good name that I had earned thus far.
I knew it was happening but didn’t take it seriously because I thought friends are my everything and studies can wait and I will have time to catch up with it in no time before SPM but obviously that wasn’t happening like I had planned instead, I got too much involved until it was hard to get myself out of it because I started forgetting my belief’s and joined them in their unhealthy activities like smoking, drinking and stealing. But how did all this get into me at this rate, even now as I sit and look back, I ask myself these questions?
I guess I just got so much attention around my friends and loved every minute of their company and my parents were always so busy with work so friends was just the best way to get away and have fun and learn new things but sadly the things that I learn weren’t worth learning. I know everything sounds so typical like a normal house problem, of parent being busy and their child slowly slipping away with bad peers but sad to say this is what that’s happening in majority of our families in this country which has reach to a scary and fearful stage.
My situation got really bad that I don’t know why I didn’t think that I am committing to a mistake and I needed to get back on the right track. Maybe for a second I may have thought of stopping but told myself why stop and worry so much, I am not getting caught for it anyways, parents are not saying anything to, my friends are doing it too and I’m finally having the fun of my life as in I was always the example student that always did the right things and now that I got to try something new so why not be a bit wild and explore this new lease of life.
So there I was smoking and drinking like any other kid on the bloc and being in the group but things got really out of hand when I tried drugs in a club one night despite being underage to even enter the club but that one dose made everything feel like heaven and it felt great. Started lying to my parents about things and continued my bad deeds and continued feeling the pleasure and thinking it’s the right way to follow.
Months pass by just like that and by that time, things really got out of hand and one point came where I just got caught by everyone at once. And like the proverb goes “sepandai pandai tupai melompat akhirnya jatuh ke tanah”. It was my parents, teachers and friends who caught me, helped me and sent me to a rehabilitation centre and get myself back on track. My friends also were advised by their parents and all of us had to learn it the hard way.
I just had to differ SPM for that year and get myself back together and repeat my last year of school after the rehabilitation process had been complete. Parents, family, teachers, friends were very angry and disappointed in me at first and were very sad that they let my slip away, but then they gave me full support to get back to where I was meant to be and it really meant the world to me. I fell really hard and learnt my lesson the hard way. I never want to go back to that path again. I guess it was just a wrong path that some people take in their life and mine had to be this way.
So SPM results were out and I did really well like I was suppose too and got a scholarship to pursue my studies in the UK to complete my A-LEVELS and a double degree in Law and Psychology. I have become such a matured person now and I’m so proud of what I have achieved so far in life and maybe the mistake I did made me grow stronger as a human being. Now I’m back in Malaysia and I want to help young teenagers to get to the right route in life so they do not get into the wrong peer group and teach them the importance of achieving something in life. I’m consulting students from school to school and trying to get them to understand the importance of education and maybe its not all about academic, it also can be a skill that you pick, but u have to be the best at what you do and make sure you can do something out of it bring unparallel success.
I may not be able to change all the perception of teenagers in our country but I hope my past could open their eyes to life and I really hope slowly I will be able to make a difference and sip my way through every mind and make a difference. I don’t want to be ambitious but everything is possible if I work hard and work my way through and hope many youngsters will join me and help me in my program. And I just want to reduce the rate of social problems that has made parties worry.
I really want to make this divergence because these teens are going to be our Tomorrow, which is going to rule our country which will make a variation and making us proud of where we are live, while people standing and looking up upon us.

No comments: