Monday, April 7, 2008

but there was a twist in my story....

i just thought that my friend editted my essay really well and i didnt want to put it to waste so just thought of sending all three essays eventhough i wont win but i just wanted the judges to read it.. all this may sound stupid but i just didnt think twice and sat down that night itself and just hand it in through email...with this small note..

To whom it may be concern,
I’m sending in my essay that I wrote after being supported by my best friend and I’m also sending in the essay edited by a friend of mine and now I would say that the essay is his now because he practically edited everything but I just needed to hand it in after all his hard work of working on my essay. I just felt he really put all my thoughts in really nice and good words that I’m really impress and I just want you to read. It was the first essay where I wrote about a story of a girl who changed her life after she shifted to Kuala Lumpur. But when my best friend read it she laughed and said it was to typical and it’s a normal story that people have read before so I sat down writing the second essay out of anger towards my best friend and another friend edited the essay really well that I didn’t have the heart to send it in as my essay because now I know its not mine. It maybe my ideas and thoughts but the words are all his and I just want to send it in as a sign of thank you to Vikash Khandar for his support for standing by me and his willingness to edit my essay even though it was the whole essay that needed to be edited. He told me to send in the essay as my essay but I said no because I wanted to be honest and I knew it wasn’t my hard work. Thank you to my best friend, Jeanette Chang that persuaded me to write and try writing anything with the topic of Tomorrow’s World and this is what I thought. Thank you for your time.

No comments: